The park rules have been established by the City of Plano Ordinances. Violators of the rules are subject to fines. Please help keep your park clean! Parks are closed from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. Bounce houses and other amusements require a Park Special Use Permit and insurance. Please contact our Administrative Office for assistance.
List of Park Rules
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash no longer than six feet at all times. Persons responsible for pets are required to immediately clean up after the animal.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on trails, sidewalks, and grass areas. Use or parking of commercial or freight carrying vehicles on park roads or parking lots is also prohibited.
- Parking shall be in designated areas only and overnight parking is prohibited.
- Amplified sound is prohibited, except as allowed by permit. (see below)
- Solicitation of fees or donations is prohibited.
- Sale of merchandise, food and beverages, or conducting any type of business or special event is prohibited, except as allowed by permit. (see below)
- Golfing is prohibited.
- Littering, dumping of refuse, or emptying wastewater is prohibited in areas other than the appropriate receptacles provided.
- Weapons of any kind are prohibited except as provided for under the Texas License to Carry (LTC) Law.
- Swimming and boating are prohibited in any body of water unless otherwise posted.
- Fires may be built only in designated grills.
- Overnight camping is prohibited, except as allowed by permit. (see below)
- Horseback riding is prohibited, except in designated areas.
- Model or remote control boats, planes, gliders, rockets, vehicles, etc. are prohibited, except in designated areas and with a permit.
- Loitering in or around park restrooms is prohibited.
- Hunting, trapping, or removal of any animal, or to let loose any animal is prohibited.
- Disturbing legitimate or permitted facility use, activities, events, leagues, tournaments, etc. is prohibited.
- Indecent or abusive language, or any activity, which creates a public nuisance, is prohibited.
- Removing or damaging plants, grass, or otherwise disturbing any part of the environment is prohibited.
- Vandalizing or defacing any structures, facilities, or natural features is prohibited.
- Failure to observe posted signs in parks and along trails is prohibited. Always practice safe trail usage as a pedestrian, bicyclist, etc. The maximum speed limit for vehicles, bicycles, etc. along trails and on park roads is 15 miles per hour.
- Tobacco use in, or within 20 feet of, bleachers; in baseball/softball field plazas, park restrooms, or playgrounds is prohibited.
- Fishing is permitted in lakes and creeks, but is subject to State law and licensing requirements.
Pavilion & Athletic Field Reservations
Pavilion and athletic field reservations are required to abide by these Park Rules. Failure to adhere to these rules may result in the suspension of reservation privileges, forfeiture of your deposit and/or a fine.
Special Use Permits
The following activities are allowed in designated areas or by permit issued by the Parks and Recreation Department, but are otherwise prohibited in general park areas:
- Use of loudspeakers, amplifiers, etc.
- Practice of athletic events on scheduled game fields.
- Sale of merchandise, food and beverages, or conducting any type of business or special event.
- Operation of hot air balloons, other aircraft, model rockets and boats, etc.
- Overnight camping
Note: Texas Law (Chapter 75, Civil Practice and Remedies Code) limits the liability of the State and a Municipality or County for damages arising directly from Hockey, In-Line Hockey, Skating, In-Line Skating, Roller Skating, Skateboarding, or Roller-Blading on premises that the State or the Municipality or County owns, operates or maintains for that purpose.
Purpose of this Publication
The purpose of this publication is to inform and generally educate residents and park patrons of the proper usage of Plano Parks. It is not a comprehensive listing of prohibited activities enumerated by city ordinances, and the language should not be strictly interpreted. Questions or concerns about actual ordinance provisions should be directed to the Parks and Recreation Department.
For more information call the Plano Parks and Recreation Department at 972-941-7250.