Boards & Commissions
Most of the City of Plano's standing board, commission, and committee appointments are made during the annual process (July through September), applications may be submitted at any time and will be considered should openings occur during the year. In addition to boards and commissions, the City Council may, from time to time, appoint short term committees for special purposes. Please feel free to contact the City Secretary's Office or any Council member for additional information.
All appointees to city of Plano boards, commissions, and committees must be residents of the city for at least 12 months. Current and valid voter registration is also required. Applicants for final decision making boards cannot have financial interest in a contract with the city. All Council appointed board, commission, and committee members adhere to a Code of Conduct.
All appointments are made at the discretion of the City Council. In general, it is the Council's policy to appoint persons to a maximum of two terms on any board, commission or committee. Members who do not maintain at least 75% attendance of regular meetings may be removed from office. For additional information, please contact the City Secretary's Office.
Application & Documents
Anyone interested in serving on a board or commission may contact the City Secretary's Office at 972-941-7120 to obtain a form or submit online below.
Note: Recommended internet browsers are Internet Explorer 8, 9 or 10 with Compatibility View
- Open an Application - Application for Boards and Commissions
- Press F12
- At the top of the pop-up screen select "Browser Mode"
- Select Explorer 8, 9 or 10 with Compatibility View
- Minimize the pop-up screen, complete, and submit your application
- Boards and Commissions Overview - The Overview includes a listing and descriptions of current Boards and Commissions.
- Code of Conduct
- City Council Appointments - This is a listing of the various boards and committees on which the Mayor or Council Members serve as representatives
- Board & Commission Members - Current roster of all the Boards & Commissions
- View agendas and minutes for City Council and Boards and Commissions.