Book A Notary
Book A Notary service at Schimelpfenig Library5024 Custer Road
Plano, TX 75023
Please Note: Notaries are not always on duty, so please give us 24 hour or more advance notice.
- Notary service only available to Plano Library Card holders
- The scope of services provided will be limited to Acknowledgements
- Due to limited resources, no business documents are accepted for notary service, nor will notary services be performed for any business organizations
- Notary service will be available most days, and by appointment only
- Appointments must be scheduled in advance through the “Book-a-Notary” service online, hours follow:
- Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturdays – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sundays – 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Patron will be contacted if rescheduling is needed
- If the patron arrives 15 minutes or more beyond the scheduled appointment time, the appointment will be cancelled
- Sessions are limited to 30 minutes maximum
- Patrons must present their photo ID (issued by a governmental agency or a passport issued by the United States) to the Notary Public for verification
- Documents presented must have the Notarial Certificate affixed; Plano Public Library System Notaries do not give advice concerning Notarial Certificates
- You must bring your own witnesses. Witnesses are not provided by Plano Public Library System, nor can patrons be solicited as witnesses for transactions
- Documents to be notarized must be in English
- Bring the document requiring notarization, in its entirety, with you to the appointment
- Notaries may not notarize public record documents or photocopies of public record documents (such as passports, visas, diplomas, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.)
- $5 fee for the first signature, and $1 fee for each additional signature
- Payment is due and payable at the beginning of the appointment
- Cash and Checks (made payable to City of Plano) are accepted
- No Refunds
Click here to request an appointment