Frequently Asked Questions
6. Where can I get information about my recreation center account?
You can call any recreation center or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For login information or questions about a membership, class or camp, please email email@example.com.
7. How do I reserve a park pavilion or athletic field?8. Who is responsible for screening walls, sidewalks, alleys and streets?
11. How do I obtain a police report?
12. How do I pay a traffic citation or red light camera violation?
18. How do I file a claim with the City?
19. My streetlight is out. Who do I call?
20. Do I need a license to have a business in Plano?
Please phone our Building Inspections Department at (972) 941-5951 and review your specific plans with them. You might need to acquire an occupancy permit. You should contact the Collin County Clerk’s Office by calling (972) 424-1460 ext. 4185 or logging on to http://www.collincountytx.gov/county_clerk/assumed_names/Pages/default.aspx to see if you will need to file an Assumed Name Certificate. You should also contact the State Comptroller’s Office regarding the need for a state sales tax certificate. The Dallas office phone is (972) 792-5800 or see https://www.comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/permit/.21. Are temporary portable storage units allowed (i.e. PODS) in residential areas and if so, for how long?
Yes, you may place a temporary storage unit in your driveway for a maximum of 30 days. Please note the unit cannot be placed in the public right-of-way, such as on the street or blocking a sidewalk.