Frequently Asked Questions
6. Where can I get information about my recreation center account?
- You can call any recreation center or email
- For login information or questions about a membership, class or camp, please email Parks Information.
7. How do I reserve a park pavilion or athletic field?
11. How do I obtain a police report?
12. How do I pay a traffic citation or red light camera violation?
17. How do I file a claim with the City?
19. Do I need a license to have a business in Plano?
- Please phone our Building Inspections Department at 972-941-5951 and review your specific plans with them. You might need to acquire an occupancy permit. You should contact the Collin County Clerk’s Office by calling 972-424-1460, ext. 4185 or logging on to the Collin County website to see if you will need to file an Assumed Name Certificate. You should also contact the State Comptroller’s Office regarding the need for a state sales tax certificate. The Dallas office phone is 972-792-5800 or see the Texas Online Registration website.
20.Are temporary portable storage units allowed (i.e. PODS) in residential areas and if so, for how long?
- Yes, you may place a temporary storage unit in your driveway for a maximum of 30 days. Please note the unit cannot be placed in the public right-of-way, such as on the street or blocking a sidewalk.