Join one of the best fire departments in the nation! Plano Fire-Rescue is looking for a few extraordinary men and women who will join us in providing Professional service with heart – integrity always.
The next entrance exam will held March 5. See below for eligibility requirements and to apply:
1. Be at least 18 to 35 years of age at the time of testing. Must have reached at least 18 years of age as of the date of the test, and not have reached 36 years of age as of the date of appointment;
2. Be a United States citizen and able to prove legal eligibility to work within the United States;
3. Be a high school graduate or possess a GED equivalency certificate;
4. Have a current certification as a “structural firefighter” by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection by the date of exam;
5. Have a current certification as an EMT-Paramedic or Licensed Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services by the date of exam;
6. Be able to read, write, and speak the English language;
7. Must pass a comprehensive background investigation and not have any of the disqualifiers established by the City of Plano Firefighters’ and Police Officers’ Civil Service Commission.
8. Be able to perform the essential duties of a Fire Rescue Specialist and meet all job description requirements.
For employment information, contact: 972-941-7295