How do I report Child Abuse?
You can contact the Plano Police Department at (972) 424-5678 (or 9-1-1 in emergencies) to report suspected child abuse or neglect incidents. In accordance with Texas law, you are also required to contact the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services at (800) 252-5400.

Texas law states that anyone who thinks a child, or person 65 years or older, or an adult with disabilities is being abused, neglected, or exploited must report it to the DFPS. A person who reports abuse in good faith is immune from civil or criminal liability. DFPS keeps the name of the person making the report confidential. Anyone who does not report suspected abuse can be held liable for a misdemeanor or felony.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a Crime Watch group in my neighborhood?
2. Do I need an alarm permit?
3. How do I get a copy of my Criminal Record?
4. How do I find out how much a traffic ticket will cost?
5. Is the cost of fingerprinting 'per card' or for the entire session?
6. Where can I get fingerprinted?
7. How can I get a copy of an accident report?
8. How do I file a police report?
9. How do I report Child Abuse?
10. I disagree with the motor vehicle crash report the Police Officer filed, how can I tell my side?
11. How can I compliment or complain about Police services?
12. What happens to the complaints filed against Police Officers or other employees by citizens?
13. Is there a teen curfew in Plano?
14. Can I get a permit to carry a handgun?
15. Where may I obtain more information about the Plano Police Department's Citizens Police Academy?
16. Do I need a permit to have a garage sale?
17. Does the Plano Police Department have a Reserve Officer Program?
18. I have speeders on my street. How can I get a Police Officer to come catch them?
19. How can I become a Plano Police Department employee?
20. Does the Plano Police Department have any programs for young teens?