Smart Energy Loan Program
The City of Plano established this loan program through the Department of Energy, in conjunction with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. This fund supports affordable energy efficiency loans to Plano homeowners. In partnership with BTH Bank, the City provides homeowners with a variety of financing options for energy efficiency upgrades. In addition, this loan program will continue to offer future loans as existing loans are paid off.
You could reduce your home energy bills, improve the comfort level in your home, take comfort by knowing your home is safe and healthy by correcting pre-existing conditions, increase the longevity of your home, enhance the market value and decrease your home's carbon footprint.
- The Smart Energy Loan Program is currently suspended. New applications will be accepted beginning 12/16/19.
- Due to Department of Energy and EECGB Template Guidelines, no pre-completed project can be funded through the Smart Energy Loan Program. All loan projects must be approved through the City of Plano and BTH Bank prior to a Project Eligibility Letter issued for work to begin. Projects already completed are ineligible for this program.
- We have been made aware of solicitors pitching free energy audits for the Smart Energy Loan Program. These solicitors are not affiliated with the City of Plano. An approved list of auditors and contractors are made available to program participants. Our approved auditors do not solicit door to door.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Legal Resident Alien
- Live in an owner-occupied home in Plano
- Hold title to the property with no voluntary liens
- Be current on your mortgage and property taxes
- Have homeowners insurance
- Have no bankruptcy or foreclosure in the past three years
- Meet minimum credit and income requirements as determined by Lender
- Complete all required program documents