Smart Energy Loan Program
The City of Plano established this loan program through the Department of Energy to support Plano homeowners seeking energy efficient home improvements. In partnership with BTH Bank, financing will be provided to program participants. In addition, this loan program will continue to offer future loans as existing loans are paid off.
You could reduce your home energy bills, improve the comfort level in your home, take comfort by knowing your home is safe and healthy by correcting pre-existing conditions, increase the longevity of your home, enhance the market value and decrease your home's carbon footprint.
- Due to Department of Energy and EECGB Template Guidelines, no pre-completed project can be funded through the Smart Energy Loan Program.
- Please be aware that auditors on our approved list do not solicit door to door.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Legal Resident Alien
- Live in an owner-occupied home in Plano
- Hold title to the property with no voluntary liens
- Be current on your mortgage and property taxes
- Have homeowners insurance
- Have no bankruptcy or foreclosure in the past three years
- Meet minimum credit and income requirements as determined by Lender
- Complete all required program documents
|Eligible Improvement Categories|
|* Air Sealing & Ventilation||* Reflective Roof|
|* Insulation||* Pool Equipment|
|* Space Heating and Cooling||* Landscaping|
|* Water Heating||* Solar Hot Water|
|* Lighting||* Solar/Photvoltaics|
|* Day-lighting||* Small Wind Turbines|
|* Windows, Doors, and Skylights||* Fireplaces|
Structural and cosmetic repairs/products not directly related to completing the energy efficiency projects/items
In emergency situations, the approval process is streamlined. A home energy audit is NOT required. An emergency condition must pose a serious and immediate threat to the health and welfare of the family- generally within two weeks- and without warning.
Typical emergency repairs include:
- Hot Water Systems
- Mechanical Systems (i.e. HVAC or heating, depending on the season)