Mayor / City Council Requests
Complete and submit a request form if you would like an appearance by the Mayor / Council at your event; a ceremonial document; or a non-traditional media-type interview with the Mayor / Council. Submit a Mayor / Council Request
NOTE: If you are a representative of a mass media outlet, please make your request by emailing Dee Dee Falls or calling 972-941-7747.
Below are general descriptions of your options. Please review the descriptions prior to submitting your request. The best time to submit an appearance or document request is about six weeks prior to your event.
- Guest or being honored Welcome Speaker - You would like the Mayor / Council to speak in a casual format for about 5 to 10 minutes welcoming a new business/event or prominent guest to the City of Plano.- You would like the Mayor / Council to attend your event but you have no expectations of a speech or ceremonial actions.
- Keynote Speaker - You would like the Mayor / Council to speak in a formal setting for more than 10 minutes about a specific event or core message. You should provide a suggested speech.
- Short Remarks Speaker - You would like the Mayor / Council to speak in a casual format for about 5 to 10 minutes about a specific event or particular message.
- Ribbon Cutting - You would like the Mayor / Council to participate in the opening ceremony of a new business, building, or similar public site.
- Groundbreaking - You would like the Mayor / Council to participate in a ceremony recognizing the start of construction for a new business, building or similar public site.
- Present Ceremonial Document - You would like the Mayor / Council to give a 2 to 3-minute casual speech recognizing your organization; read your organization’s ceremonial document; and present the ceremonial document to your organization’s representative.
Ceremonial Document Requests
- Certificates of Appreciation, Commendation, Congratulations or Greetings - prepared for general events such as grand openings, significant anniversaries, prominent retirements, etc. Certificates are signed by the Mayor.
- Distinguished Citizen Award - prepared to recognize a Plano citizen or group who has state-wide, national or international distinction.
- Proclamation - prepared for a non-profit organization in observance of a specific day, week or month (Safe Driving Day, Good Nutrition Week, American Heritage Month).
- Honorary Citizen - prepared for a prominent person visiting the City of Plano.
- Resolution of Appreciation - prepared for an individual or organization for special contribution. The document is approved by the City Council during a City Council Meeting.
- Resolution of Respect - prepared for the family of a deceased prominent citizen, Council Member or Department Director. The document is approved by the City Council during a City Council Meeting.
- Citation Certificate - prepared for an individual or group in recognition of a state or national award (state sport championship, first place in a national competition, etc.).
- Heroism Certificate - prepared for an individual or group who placed themselves at great risk to save a human life.
- Citizen Benefactor of the Community - prepared for an individual who has made major contributions to the City of Plano for the public good over a substantial period of time.
- Corporate Citizen Certificate - prepared for an organization or business that has made major contributions to the City of Plano for the public good over a substantial period of time.