Frequently Asked Questions
3. Where can I get information about my recreation center account?
For login information or questions about a membership, class or camp, please email Parks Information.
You can call any recreation center directly:
- Carpenter Recreation Center: 972-208-8087
- Douglass Community Center: 972-424-6301
- Jack Carter Pool: 972-208-8081
- Liberty Recreation Center: 972-769-4234
- Oak Point Recreation Center: 972-941-7540
- Plano Aquatic Center: 972-769-4232
- Sam Johnson Recreation Center for Adults 50+: 972-941-7155
- Harry Rowlinson Community Natatorium: 972-769-4232
- Tom Muehlenbeck Recreation Center: 972-769-4404
- Oak Point Park Nature & Retreat Center: 972-941-5414
7. How do I obtain a police report?
Other Police Reports: Log into the Public Records Center to enter a request.
8. How do I pay a traffic citation?
15. Do I need a license to have a business in Plano?
Please phone our Building Inspections Department at 972-941-5951 and review your specific plans with them. You might need to acquire an occupancy permit. You should contact the Collin County Clerk’s Office by calling 972-424-1460, ext. 4185 or logging on to the Collin County website to see if you will need to file an Assumed Name Certificate. You should also contact the State Comptroller’s Office regarding the need for a state sales tax certificate. The Dallas office phone is 972-792-5800 or see the Texas Online Registration website Opens a New Window. .
16. Are temporary portable storage units allowed (i.e. PODS) in residential areas and if so, for how long?
Yes, you may place a temporary storage unit in your driveway for a maximum of 30 days. Please note the unit cannot be placed in the public right-of-way, such as on the street or blocking a sidewalk.
21. How do I reserve a park pavilion or athletic field?
Opens a New Window.