Plano Public Library COVID-19 – Open for Grab and Go service
Monday-Thursday 9:00am – 8:00pm, Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm, Sunday 1:00 – 5:00pm
- Browse materials/self-checkout
- Holds pickup inside (porch pickup is also available - instructions (PDF))
- Computer access (first come, first served – one 2-hour session per day)
- Shop Friends lobby sales
- Mask required at all times in the library
- No seating, in-house programs, kids play areas or meeting room use
- Access to digital resources (PDF) (e-books, e-newspapers, e-magazines, e-audio and databases)
- Classes and programs for all ages (Calendar)
- New library cards apply online, 2-3 days processing time – you will be contacted
- Holds pickup (available inside or porch side - instructions (PDF))
- Book Bundles – request in English, Spanish and Chinese for children and teens
- External book drops for returns, 72 hour item quarantine, some account delay, no impact to borrowing privileges
- Book a Librarian and telephone reference (email)
- Donation drop off – loading dock during daylight hours
- FAQ (PDF)
Holds Pickup & Specialty Items ReturnHolds may be picked up inside or porch side at all libraries Monday-Thursday 9:00am – 8:00pm, Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, Saturday 10:00am – 5:00pm, Sunday 1:00 – 5:00pm.
More information (PDF)
Access the Library Online During the health emergency, access to online resources will be provided even if your account has overdue items. Use your library card to download eBooks and eAudiobooks with Libby, Overdrive and RBdigital. Downloadable Magazines are available from Flipster and RBdigital and Newspapers through PressReader on RBdigital. Stream award-winning films for adults and kids with Kanopy. Use our databases to learn a new language, find information on businesses and learn new skills.
More information (PDF)
Tiny, invisible air particles are all around us. You can make the power of air work for you. For our next STEAM Connections Take It & Make It (going live on our Facebook page on Saturday, December, 5 at 3 p.m.), we're using air to fill a drink dispenser! Read on...
Build your marketable technology skills with a Microsoft certification. Discover how you can access LinkedIn learning paths to help you prepare for fundamental and role-based Microsoft certifications. Thursday – December 10 at 1pm via Zoom. Read on...
Listen to stories in Spanish and Chinese during our Storytime Around the World series at 2:00 pm on Sundays (November 15 through December 20 on Facebook. Read on...
In May 1998 a bond election passed, providing $5.2 million for the construction of a fifth library. The 30,000 square feet Christopher A. Parr Library opened in April 2001 with a collection of 60,000 volumes. The library is named for Christopher A. Parr a long time library supporter.
- Art Exhibit Space
- Computer Classes
- Copier & Printing Services (cost)
- Digital Creation Space (ages 13 & up)
- Fax - outgoing (cost)
- Meeting Spaces for Rent
- Quiet Rooms
- Wi-Fi (requires a Plano Public Library card)