Commission on Fire Accreditation, International (CFAI)
- Since 2001, Plano Fire-Rescue has been accredited by the Commission on Fire Accreditation, International.
- Plano is one of only 12 fire departments in the State of Texas to become accredited. There are 284 accredited agencies worldwide.
- For more information on CFAI, click here Opens a New Window. .
Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS)
- Since 1998, Plano Fire-Rescue has held Accredited Agency status with the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS).
- Plano is one of only 11 EMS services in Texas to be CAAS accredited and the original of two fire-based EMS service to hold this distinction.
- Visit the CAAS website for more information.
Insurance Services Office (ISO)
- Since 1998, the City has carried a Class 1 Public Protection Classification from the Insurance Services Office.
- Plano was the first city in Texas to receive the Class 1 rating.
- Currently, there are 58 cities in Texas that have received a Class 1 rating. There are only 348 cities nationwide that carry a Class 1 rating.
- For more information on ISO, click here.
So what does this mean for the citizens of Plano?
Most importantly, being accredited by two different bodies and maintaining the highest public protection rating confirms that Plano Fire-Rescue is resolute in ensuring that its citizens receive the finest services that are delivered anywhere in the United States. Plano Fire-Rescue continues to be the only agency in a city with a population of 250,000 or more to hold all three distinctions.
Additionally, it requires Plano Fire-Rescue to continuously evaluate itself to achieve quality improvement. This means that the citizens receive top-notch services that are analyzed, verified, and validated as being best practices. It also solidifies that Plano Fire-Rescue will continue to improve and evolve as the fire service and EMS evolve as well.