Yard Trimmings Collection Guidelines
- Place yard trimmings at collection point before 7 a.m. on the same day as your weekly trash collection day.
- Place yard clippings in paper lawn bags ONLY (plastic bags will not be collected). Place paper lawn bags and stacks of cuttings at least two feet from your recycling and/or trash cart.
- Place only organic materials (leaves, plant materials, and/or grass clippings) in paper lawn bags weighing 50 pounds or less.
- DO NOT TAPE PAPER LAWN BAGS CLOSED.
- Place tree trimmings and brush piles in neat, manageable piles (see picture below). The piles may not exceed the following dimensions: 10 feet in length, 4 feet in height, and 4 feet in width. Larger trunk pieces and/or stumps weighing no more than 50 lbs. (each) should be placed in separate piles than smaller brush. It is not required to tie or bundle piles.
- Do NOT place DIRT, SOIL, or SOD in paper lawn bags. These items must be direct-hauled to the NTMWD landfill.
- Small corrugated cardboard boxes must be flattened or broken down then placed loosely in the recycling cart for collection.
- Large cardboard boxes should be emptied (free of plastics, Styrofoam, trash, etc.), flattened and placed out for collection with your yard trimmings and visible from the collection point.
- Unpainted/unstained wood
- Wooden fence panels, painted/stained lumber or wood, wood with plastic, Formica or creosote is NOT accepted as yard trimmings collection. These items can be placed out for your monthly bulky waste collection or contact Customer Service at 972-769-4150 to schedule a Special Paid Collection.
|Manageable Piles||Unmanageable Piles|
NOTE: Piles larger than 10' x 4' x 4' will require a Special Paid Collection. Crews spend approximately 15 minutes at each residence so daily routes are completed. If your debris does not meet the weekly collection criteria listed above, please contact Customer Service at 972-769-4150 to schedule a Special Paid Collection.