Bulky Waste Accepted Items
Bulky Waste collection is for items too large to fit in the 68- and 95-gallon trash cart. Materials accepted in bulky waste collection:
- Mattresses/box springs
- Household trash
- Stoves, washers, dryers, water heaters and microwaves (refrigerators/freezers/ac units are a special paid collection)
- Bicycles and toys
- Lawnmower (gas/oil removed)
- Carpet and padding (must be cut into small sections; sections must weigh no more than 50 lbs)
Wood and/or Fence Sections
- Cut into pieces with a maximum size of six foot long by four foot wide and stacked no higher than four feet (6' x 4' x 4').
Special Paid Collection
- Items containing Freon - Refrigerators/freezers/ac units, etc. ($25 environmental fee)
- Unmanageable piles or piles exceeding bulky waste criteria will need to schedule a Special Paid Collection. Call Customer Service at 972-769-4150 to schedule a Special Paid Collection.
- Special Paid Collections are charged $10 per cubic yard ($20 minimum).
Items Not Accepted Through Bulky Waste or Special Paid Collections
- Dirt, soil or sod
- Bricks, rock, asphalt, gravel or concrete
- Glass panes, glass doors or mirrors
- Railroad ties
- Roofing material and shingles
- Buildings, building attachments or sheds
- Contractor waste*
- Compressed gas or air cylinders
- Vehicle parts and tires
- Hazardous waste (paint, oil, pesticides, solvents, liquids) - contact customer service at 972-769-4150 to schedule a household chemical collection
Contact NTMWD at 972-442.5405 for disposal options of these items.
*Waste generated from projects requiring the use of a contractor will need to be disposed of by the contractor or by contracting waste through a permitted hauler. Waste must be disposed of directly as the 121 Regional Disposal Facility.
121 Regional Disposal Facility (owned by NTMWD)
3820 Highway 121 North
Melissa, TX 75454
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Saturday 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Permitted Contract Haulers
The following companies are approved registered trash haulers through the City of Plano Building Inspections department. If your company would like to be added to the list, please complete the application.
|Brooks Clean-up Service|
|Gonzalez Clean Up|
|Servall Contractor Services|