Closures & Cancellations
Closures & Cancellations:
- All Parks & Recreation facilities are closed until April 27, at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- All Library facilities are closed until April 27, at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- All meetings at the Plano Event Center, Special Events, and Facility rentals will be offered refunds of deposit and/or fees for events.
- All City Board and Commission meetings, except for Plano City Council, Planning and Zoning, and any other meeting required by law, will be postponed until their normal May meeting.
- All sports leagues utilizing City of Plano fields/facilities will be suspended through April 27 for practice and play at which time the closure will be reassessed.
- Municipal Court lobby is currently closed to the public but citations can be paid online at municipalonlinepayments.com/planotx or they can contact the Clerk’s Office at 972-941-2199 for further information.
- The City of Plano Municipal Court announced all court hearings and Teen Court sessions scheduled for the remainder of March, April and May have been reset.
- The Teen Court sessions scheduled for the evenings of March 16 and March 30 have been cancelled.
- Restaurants with or without drive-in or drive through services; drive-in restaurants; drive-through restaurants; or microbreweries, micro-distilleries, or wineries may only provide take out, delivery, or drive-in or drive- through services as allowed by law effective March 18 at 5 p.m. until April 27 (may be revisited or repealed by the Mayor or City Council at an earlier date).
- All bars, lounges, or taverns; theaters; gyms; and private clubs are closed effective March 18 at 5 p.m. until April 27 (may be revisited or repealed by the Mayor or City Council at an earlier date).
- To speak at the Council Meeting, registration is required at the following URL location: https://plano.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_e_zaLmkFQcKRA3EL5NjnRgComments will be received via broadcast by webinar.
**The Meeting will also be broadcast on planotv.org**
***Please register ONLY if you wish to address the Council***
- Executive Session begins at 5 p.m., followed by the Preliminary Open Meeting. The Regular Meeting will begin at 7 p.m.
- Emails may also be submitted to email@example.com by 5 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- Comments regarding Planning & Zoning agenda items should be sent electronically by 5 p.m. to PZComments@plano.gov
- View the City Council and Planning & Zoning Commission meetings live on:
- Municipal Center remains open to the public during regular business hours. To protect our citizens and employees we are limiting social contact including waiting for city service. Please return to your vehicle and call the department you need to visit from lists available in each facility. Please wait in your vehicle until you are called to receive excellent service. The front counter is also closed to walk-in traffic. Payments can be made by phone, online, nigh drop, mail or through authorized Fidelity Express locations.
- Large gatherings should be restricted throughout the City of Plano according to guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
All residents are encouraged to practice preventative health measures and show social responsibility.
- The City’s Director of Environmental Health and Sustainability, Rachel Patterson, and Director of Communications, Shannah Hayley, prepared a 6:30 minute video covering basic facts about COVID-19 and frequently asked questions. View the COVID-19 video here. If you listen to the Inside Plano Podcast, listen to the podcast audio here.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions are updated daily and posted on this page.
- All press releases regarding COVID-19 are posted on this page.