Plano Staycation Photo Contest
#PlayStaycation Photo “Re-Creation” Contest
Although we are staying close to home these days, who says we still can’t have some fun and adventure? Plano Parks and Recreation’s Staycation Photo Contest will challenge your creativity as you and your quarantine pals work together to complete specially themed photo tasks provided by Parks and Recreation staff.
After all, adventure begins at home!
We’re looking for the best staycation photos you can come up with. Rather than sharing photos from your real trip to Colorado last year, use the people, pets, and props around you to re-create the memory from home!
Each week we will announce a new grand prize winner based on creativity and humor. Grand prizes up for grabs include a family meal delivery from Dillas Quesadillas, a free porch photo session from local professional Gernelle Nelson, and an autographed photo of Dallas Maverick, Seth Curry.
Join us as we virtually mark the start of summer in Plano, and share your good vibes with us through the Staycation Photo Contest!
Weekly Photo Themes:
- Staycation Adventures
- Sports/Olympic Gold
Rules/How to Play
- Weekly photo tasks will be posted to Plano Parks and Recreation’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages each Sunday at 6 p.m.
- Weekly theme tasks for each week must be submitted by the following Sunday at 6 p.m.
- To enter: Post your photo to the Monday post Twitter, or Instagram page. Be sure to include your team name and use the hashtag #PlanoStaycation.
- Photos may be submitted to Plano Parks and Recreation via direct message depending on your privacy settings.
- Only one photo may be submitted each day.
- Weekly winners will be named on Plano Park and Recreation’s social media channels every Tuesday at noon.
- Participants only need to post one photo to one social media channel in order for the submission to be accepted.
- This contest requires creativity! Photos must be recreated at home with those living in your home. Photos taken from previous vacations or events will not be accepted.
- Photos must not contain offensive material that pertains to but is not limited to: t-shirts and clothing, wall art or visual art, hand gestures, etc.