Extension to Pay Fine

Requesting an Extension to Pay a Fine

If you need an extension to pay a fine, you must appear in person at the Raymond Robinson Justice Center if you live, work or attend school in any of the counties listed below: 

  • Collin County
  • Dallas County
  • Denton County
  • Grayson County
  • Hunt County
  • Kaufman County 
  • Rockwall County 
  • Tarrant County

If you need an extension to pay a fine and do not live, work or attend school in any of the counties listed above, please contact the court for further information. If approved to submit your request by mail, you must complete the Application for Extension of Payment and enter a Plea, if applicable. 

I understand that by entering my plea and requesting an Extension to Pay a Fine, I am waiving my right to receive discovery or further discovery information pertaining to my case.  

If you currently have active warrants and need an extension to pay, you must call 972-941-2199 to determine the payment amount required. Checks are not accepted for payment of a warrant.

What to Expect When Appearing to Request an Extension to Pay

You will be required to complete an application to receive an extension to pay your fine. 

  • The information provided on the application must be verifiable.
  • You must provide personal, employment, income and expense information.
  • You must provide two personal references and contact information for each.  

The information on the application will be verified and you will receive a 30 day extension to: 

  • Pay the balance due in full; or 
  • If approved, pay $100 per open case to start a payment plan.

All fines not paid in full within 30 days of the Judgment date are assessed a $25.00    State-mandated time payment fee.

Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a processing fee.