Yard Trimming Collection Guidelines
Please following these guidelines when placing yard trimmings out for collection:
- Place yard trimmings at collection point before 7 a.m. on the same day as your weekly trash collection day.
- Place paper lawn bags and stacks of cuttings at least two feet from your recycling and/or trash cart.
- Place only organic materials (leaves, plant materials, and/or grass clippings) in paper lawn bags weighing 50 pounds or less.
- DO NOT TAPE PAPER LAWN BAGS CLOSED.
- Place tree trimmings and brush piles in neat, manageable piles (see picture below). The piles may not exceed the following dimensions: 6 feet in length, 4 feet in height, and 4 feet in width. Larger trunk pieces and/or stumps weighing no more than 50 lbs.(each) should be placed in separate piles than smaller brush. It is not required to tie or bundle piles.
- Do not place sod or soil in paper lawn bags. Call EWS Customer Service at 972-769-4150 for specific collection instructions for these items
- Small corrugated cardboard boxes must be flattened or broken down then placed loosely in the recycling cart for collection.
- Large cardboard boxes should be flattened and placed out for collection with your yard trimmings.
- Unpainted/unstained wooden fence panels must not be larger than 4 feet by 6 feet for manual collection. Bolts, latches and hinges must be removed before collection.
- Painted/stained lumber or wood, wood with plastic, Formica or creosote is NOT accepted as yard trimmings collection. These items can be placed out for your monthly bulky waste collection.
NOTE: If you have multiple 6' x 4' x 4' piles, all of the debris may not be collected at one time. Depending upon the volume, it may take several weeks to collect the material. Crews spend approximately 15 minutes at each residence so daily route can be completed. If you have a large volume and want to ensure all debris is collected at one time, or if your debris does not meet the weekly collection criteria, you can schedule a Special Paid Collection.
Manageable Brush Piles
Unmanageable Brush Pile
Contractor Lawn Crews
If you have landscape work completed by a contractor, they must follow the guidelines above. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in additional charges for collections.
Do-IT-Yourself Yard Trimming Disposal
Do-it-yourself residential yard trimmings disposal is available to all Plano residential Environmental Waste Services customers at the North Texas Municipal Water District Custer Transfer Station located at 9901 Custer Road (Ridgeview, south of 121) in Plano. You must bring a current City of Plano Utility Bill and matching driver's license (name and address must be the same on utility bill and driver's license).