Windhaven Meadows Park
|Other Link||Dog Park at Windhaven Meadows Park|
The ribbon-cutting for Windhaven Meadows Park and Liberty Playground will take place at 11 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 23, 2019. This new park features an all-abilities playground made possible through a $1 million donation from Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. Other park amenities include a spacious dog park (for both small and large dogs), spray ground, large pavilion, restrooms and beautiful trails.
Located at Windhaven Parkway and West Spring Creek Parkway, Windhaven Meadows Park is a 123-acre, passive recreational park complete with walking trails, ponds, and natural open spaces. Additional features include:
- 330 parking spaces
- 12 accessible parking spaces
- 1.9 miles of concrete trail connecting to Legacy and Bluebonnet trails
- 4,800 square foot covered, reservable pavilion
- 4.6-acre dog park with concrete pathways, shade structures, seating areas, drinking stations, rinse stations, and pet waste and litter receptacles
Windhaven Meadows Park Map
This universally designed playground features more than 20,000 square feet of accessible play equipment, providing inclusive play for those of all abilities.
- Comprised of 40% sensory play activities and 60% physical play structures on synthetic turf
- Exceeds ADA requirements
- Equipment focuses on the six elements of play: social, emotional, physical, sensory, cognitive and communication
- A sensory garden with wooden elements and 1,800 square feet of water features
- Older and younger children spaces that encourages age-appropriate learning, risk taking and motor skill development
- More than 50 new shade trees
- Shade structures and picnic tables
The pavilion at Windhaven Meadows Park is available for reservations. Please visit our Pavilion Reservation page for more information.
Windhaven Meadows Pavilion