Windhaven Meadows Park
|Other Link||Dog Park at Windhaven Meadows Park|
(Feb. 24, 2020 update) - The initial modification and maintenance work on the splash pad and playground is complete. Further work will be scheduled at a later date. Please check back here before visiting the park during the month of February. The splash pad remains closed.
- 330 parking spaces
- 12 accessible parking spaces
- 1.9 miles of concrete trail connecting to Legacy and Bluebonnet trails
- 4,800 square ft. covered, reservable pavilion
- 4.6-acre dog park with concrete pathways, shade structures, seating areas, drinking stations, rinse stations, and pet waste and litter receptacles
This universally designed playground features more than 20,000 square feet of accessible play equipment, providing inclusive play for those of all abilities.
- Comprised of 40% sensory play activities and 60% physical play structures on synthetic turf
- Exceeds ADA requirements
- Equipment focuses on the six elements of play: social, emotional, physical, sensory, cognitive and communication
- A sensory garden with wooden elements and 1,800 square ft. of water features. The area has three sections and all three have their own button which will start the spray features in the respective zone. (Water features are not open during cold weather months.)
- Older and younger children spaces that encourages age-appropriate learning, risk taking and motor skill development
- More than 50 new shade trees
- Shade structures and picnic tables
The water at the playground splash pad has been turned off while we work with the designer of the facility to evaluate ways to improve the surface, parts of which become slippery when the water is turned on. We will turn the water on once these concerns are resolved and we are certain it is safe for our patrons.
The pavilion at Windhaven Meadows Park is available for reservations. Please visit our Pavilion Reservation page for more information.
Information about bobcats/coyotes
Signs of Coyote Presence